Infrared (thermal imaging) is an advanced, non-invasive technology that allows the inspector to show homeowners things about their homes that can’t be revealed using conventional inspection methods.
We interpret the results as accurately and reasonably as possible such that our client is given actionable information in order to proceed with necessary repairs.
As with any type of inspection, it can’t predict future conditions. However, a roof that is experiencing moisture intrusion which has been detected through thermal imaging will very likely lead to serious structural issues, if left unaddressed.
Locate Energy Loss
- Heat loss and air infiltration in walls, ceilings, floors, windows and doors.
- Damaged and/or malfunctioning radiant heating systems.
- Broken seals in double-paned windows.
Locate Moisture Intrusion
- Water and moisture intrusion around penetrations and at the foundation and building envelope that could lead to structural damage and mold.
- Missing, damaged and/or wet insulation.
- Hidden roof leaks before they cause serious damage.
- Plumbing leaks.
Locate Hot Spots
- Circuit breakers in need of immediate replacement.
- Overloaded and undersized circuits.
- Overheated electrical equipment and components.
- Electrical faults before they cause a fire.
- Possible pest infestation, as revealed by energy loss through shelter tubes left by boring wood-destroying insects.
- The presence of intruders, such as rats, mice and other larger pests hiding within the structure and detected because of their heat signature that the IR camera captures.
- Dangerous flue leaks, which can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning of the home’s residents.
991 Suburban Dr.
De pere WI.
and Most of Northeast Wisconsin.
Monday - Saturday
8:00am - 8:00pm
9:00am - 4:00pm